Thank you for your interest in the RBAC Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program! We believe everyone, regardless of income, deserves access to our programs. The Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program was created to provide need-based assistance to allow everyone in our diverse community the opportunity to experience water safety and fitness programs. The RBAC is committed to ensuring financial means will not be a barrier to lifesaving programs and classes.
We encourage all who need assistance to apply. It’s time for health and wellness at the RBAC!
* The maximum amount of a scholarship is 50% of the program cost.
* Applicants may only have one scholarship for one program at a time; those with multiple children/dependents may have only one scholarship per child/dependent for one program at a time.
* A scholarship is valid for the duration of time for the program it is applied for. For example Swim Lessons: One session, Competitive Teams/Club/Masters’s Swim: Per quarter of participation, Lap Swimming, Therapy Pool Use, Water Fitness: Equivalent to the length of pass purchased
* Applicants must reapply after each scholarship award is utilized
* A scholarship award does not guarantee enrollment in the desired program.
* A patron can submit an application 30 days prior to the start date of the program.
* For Competitive Teams/Club/Master’s Swim, an application needs to be submitted on a quarterly basis. Scholarships will be awarded for 3 months at a time, January – March; April – June; July – September; October – December.
To receive a scholarship award please provide documentation that shows proof of household income based upon the Income limits noted below as provided by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Accepted documentation includes Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, SSI.
Income Limits are:
* $41,400 for a family of 1
* $47,300 for a family of 2
* $53,200 for a family of 3
* $59,100 for a family of 4
* $63,850 for a family of 5
* $68,600 for a family of 6
* $73,300 for a family of 7
* $78,050 for a family of 8
Not accepted proof of income:
1. W-2 Forms
2. Checks or Check Stubs
3. Personal Letters and/or Support Letters
4. Cards issued by financial assistance agencies
5. Free or reduced lunch document from school district
* Complete an online application. One application per scholarship applicant.
* Email the required documentation (school forms and/or tax forms) to email@example.com.
* Please allow 5 business days for the scholarship application to be reviewed. Scholarship decisions will be emailed and scholarships must be redeemed within 60 days of being awarded.