Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Order
In order to comply with the Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Order for Control of COVID-19 from the LA County Health Department and orders from the Pasadena Department of Public Health, the RBAC is temporarily suspending all programs EXCEPT lap swimming, effective December 1st – December 20th.
Lap swim will be available with one swimmer allowed per lane. As of now, lanes will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. We are working to expand our lap swim capacity and to offer both lanes by reservation to best accommodate those who prefer to pre-schedule their workouts and non-reserved lanes for those who enjoy the flexibility of unscheduled swim time. There will be no water jogging or walking in the pool.
The locker rooms will be closed temporarily as well. Please rinse off prior to your swim using the outdoor showers. Family changing rooms will be available for restroom use as needed.
Swim lessons customers will receive credit for their scheduled classes, which can be used at a later date. Water fitness passes are valid for lap swimming.
Everyone arriving at the Center must wear a face-covering at all times (except while eating or drinking, if applicable) while at the pool or on the grounds of the facility. This applies to all adults and to children 2 years of age and older. Only individuals who have been instructed not to wear a face-covering by their medical provider are exempt from wearing one.
Anyone with cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever or chills, and/or currently under isolation or quarantine orders may not enter the facility.
We remain absolutely committed to your health, safety, and wellness. We will continue to sanitize, disinfect, and follow proven hygienic practices to keep our staff and patrons safe and well.
Before You Arrive, Please Be Aware:
All visitors are required to adhere to the following protocols at all times:
- Everyone must fill out the online waiver prior to arriving at the Center.
- Cloth masks or face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while not in the pools or showers, by all visitors older than 2.
- Patrons and staff are required to pass a symptom screening with a temperature check prior to entry.
- A physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others is required and will be enforced.
- If you begin to feel unwell during your visit you must get the attention of an RBAC staff member, identified by staff shirts.
- Credit or debit cards are strongly encouraged.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at the RBAC
- Pool and program capacity reduced and controlled.
- Doors that are staffed within the facility, except for specific doors that would provide added protection and security to staff areas, will be propped open and to provide a touch-free experience when in use.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand-sanitizer is also available.
- Lockers rooms are currently not available.
- Bring your filled water bottle with you. Water bottle filling stations are open but the water fountains are not available.
- All shared pool equipment shall be prohibited for any non-RBAC led program.
- Directional signage will be utilized to guide individuals in appropriate foot traffic to provide physical distancing.
- The use of stanchions, signage, cones, markers, and tape will be used to delineate patrons routes and the best way to proceed throughout the facility.
- Please refrain from spitting in the gutters during your swim.
- Snorkels may not be used while at our facility, as the use of snorkels can contribute to the spread of COVID- 19 more than normal under-water exhalation and side breathing. The RBAC may provide individualized accommodations upon request in accordance with the ADA. To request accommodation for a disability-based need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Local health orders:
LA County Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Order
Public Pools- Public Health Reopening Protocol